Nutrient Neutrality is broadly required where a development will increase the number houses or visitors in an area. Mitigation is required to alleviate the amount of nutrients which would be attributable to the development.
All such development in a Nutrient Neutrality catchment will need to provide a Nutrient Neutrality mitigation strategy along with their planning application. This is calculated using the Nutrient Neutrality budget calculator, relevant to the development site.
We offer a comprehensive solution for Nutrient Neutrality requirements, whether you are building one house or a whole housing estate. We work with private landowners and developers to find solutions for those requiring or providing mitigation land.
Our Nutrient Neutrality services includes:
- Assessing whether Nutrient Neutrality will be required as part of your development proposals
- Completing a Nutrient Neutrality budget calculator to assess nutrient loading
- Appraising the annual Phosphorous or Nitrogen load mitigation required
- Professional guidance on mitigation strategy
- Planning Application report and liaising with Local Planning Authority
- Locating and negotiating the purchase of suitable offset land
- Brokering agreements between developers and Nutrient Neutrality providers